Galden® Perfluorosolv PFS-2 Solvent is a low molecular weight perfluoropolyether which can be used in many industrial applications. PFS-2 performs well in many electronic and semiconductor cleaning applications such as:
- Pump and compressor cleaning-
- Vapor blanketing
- Flash point reduction
- Trace residue elimination
PFS-2 solvent has been formulated to be compatible and completely miscible with perfluoropolyether (PFPE) and perfluorocarbon fluids at all temperatures and chlorotrifluoroethylene (CTFE) oils and greases above 45°C. All of these materials are used extensively in semiconductor and electronic manufacturing. PFS-2 solvent can also act as a diluent in the application of more viscous PFPE fluids or greases.
PFS-2 solvent is non-flammable and well suited for cleaning operations where:
- solvents are applied to hot components
- solvents are heated prior to application
- solvents are pressure sprayed on components
- solvents are used in forced air stream cleaning
- extended immersion baths are required
PFS-2 has a lower boiling point and hence a higher evaporation rate compared to PFS-1. Parts cleaned with PFS-2 will dry faster that those cleaned with PFS-1. When using PFS-2, especially in open baths, it may be necessary to take precautions to avoid excessive losses from the bath.